Status is hiring Web3 Protocol Engineer (nwaku)
Protocol Engineer (nwaku)
Minimum 1 Year
- At least 2 years of experience in low-level or statically typed languages (C, C++, Rust or Go)
- Experience building applications with complex logic, cutting edge technology or applied research, including for network environments
- Ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly; you are a polyglot
- You have a deep interest for blockchain and decentralized technologies and understand how they work
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, implement and document Waku nim libraries and node (nwaku)
- Collaborate and support the Research team with the implementation of new protocols
- Investigate and fix issues in nwaku and upstream libraries such as nim-libp2p
- Maintain an array of bindings and wrappers over the nim library to enable usage of Waku in other languages (Rust, NodeJS, Golang)
- Optimize nwaku and upstream libraries for usage on various environments (VPS, laptop, mobile, Raspberry Pi)
- Support dApp developers in using nwaku and other Waku libraries/bindings
- You are already familiar with the Ethereum community or you are in Web3 or blockchain development
- You have experience with any libp2p implementations
- You have experience with maintaining bindings, especially in a mobile or embedded context
- You have experience working for a remote only open source organization
Salary & Benefits
- The expected compensation for this role is up to $100,000 (negotiable, dependent on how we assess your skills and experience throughout our interview process). We are happy to pay in any mix of fiat/crypto.
We are building Waku as a public good infrastructure. Waku is the messaging layer of Web3.
It is a decentralized, censorship-resistant, privacy-preserving communication network that enables anyone to send and receive messages without worrying about surveillance or deplatforming.
We are developing 3 open source implementations of Waku:
Nwaku: the reference implementation and service node Js-waku: for the browser Go-waku: to integrate as a library in native applications We are enabling Ethereum builders to create new projects with a fully decentralized architecture, think dApp to Wallet notifications, NFT marketplaces, censorship-resistant chat, layer-2 decentralization and more.
Intro call with PeopleOps (30 minutes) Interview (technical) with nwaku team member (1h) Pair programming session with a nwaku team member (1h) Final interview with Waku Lead (45 minutes to 1h)