Worldcoin is hiring Web3 Ethereum/ZK Protocol Engineer
Ethereum/ZK Protocol Engineer
Minimum 1 Year
- Possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a closely related discipline, ensuring a solid theoretical foundation in key technological areas.
- Demonstrated experience with Ethereum-based and zero knowledge-based technologies, including smart contracts, EVMs, rollups, and related cryptographic systems showcasing a deep understanding and practical skills in these areas.
- Experience writing and debugging source code in related programming languages (e.g., Go, Rust, Solidity).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Technical Currency: Maintain currency on the latest Ethereum, EVM, and related technological advancements in support of the Protocol team’s projects, including the broader Ethereum ecosystem.
- Ethereum and EVM Expertise: Champion the forefront of Ethereum and EVM advancements, ensuring Worldcoin leads in innovative blockchain technology through active engagement with the latest industry trends and contributions to the Ethereum ecosystem.
- Guide the Future: Shape the future with Ethereum and ZK-based solutions that align with our mission of advancing privacy and blockchain technology.
- Collaborate and Inspire: Join forces with a team of experts in a vibrant, supportive environment. Your work will not only align with but actively shape industry best practices.
- Lead with Excellence: Regularly enhance our protocols, ensuring they meet Ethereum and related protocol security and privacy standards.
- Transparent Communication: Effectively communicate progress, issues, and relevant information to key stakeholders and management, fostering a culture of transparency and accountability.
About the Company: Worldcoin is an open-source protocol, supported by a global community of developers, individuals, economists and technologists committed to expanding participation in, and access to, the global economy. Its community is united around core beliefs in the inherent worth and equality of every individual, the right to personal privacy, and open and public collaboration. These beliefs are reflected in what the community is building: a public utility to connect everyone to the global economy.
The Worldcoin Foundation is the protocol’s steward and will support and grow the Worldcoin community until it becomes self-sufficient. Tools for Humanity is a global hardware and software development company. It helped launch Worldcoin and continues to provide support to the Foundation, in addition to operating the World App.
Ethereum/ZK Protocol Engineer Job Description The Ethereum/ZK Protocol Engineer will provide Ethereum and Zero-Knowledge (zk) subject-matter expertise supporting the Protocol team’s projects and initiatives. This role is a technical position requiring a strong understanding of the Ethereum network and related ecosystem, zero-knowledge concepts and applications as well as a solid understanding of blockchain and cryptocurrency technology interrelationships.
Who You Are: Advanced Analytical Skills: Exhibit exceptional prowess in analytical thinking and problem-solving, adeptly navigating the complexities of Ethereum-based blockchain, cryptocurrency technologies, and zero-knowledge applications with precision and insight.
Communication Excellence: Possess strong written and verbal communication skills to convey intricate technical concepts to diverse audiences.
Risk Management: Identify and balance benefits and risks when developing new technological features and functionality in an ambiguous and complex environment. Applying a nuanced understanding of the intricate and often ambiguous nature of the blockchain technology landscape.
Collaborative Spirit: Showcase teamwork and collaboration skills, working seamlessly in cross-functional and globally dispersed teams.
Technical Proficiency: Demonstrate a strong knowledge and understanding of software development and design principles, concepts, and tools. Utilizing a broad spectrum of concepts and tools to drive innovation and excellence in technology development and implementation.
Key Attributes: Adaptability: Embrace change and adapt to evolving privacy regulations and technologies.
Ethical Commitment: Demonstrate a strong commitment to ethical behavior and confidentiality.
Detail-Oriented: Pay meticulous attention to detail, ensuring thorough privacy assessments and implementations.
Proactive Mindset: Take the initiative to identify potential privacy risks and recommend proactive measures.
Continuous Learner: Stay updated on emerging privacy trends, technologies, and regulations.
Effective Communicator: Convey complex privacy concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Join us in redefining privacy standards and be a part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and a commitment to privacy excellence. Apply now and embark on a rewarding journey with Tools for Humanity.
Note: This position is based in either our Berlin or San Francisco office.